MFR is a global rating agency specialized in inclusive finance. MFR aims at benefiting the base of the pyramid in a sustainable manner, providing independent and qualified services that improve the financial service providers’ sustainability, focusing on clients and protecting investors’ goals.
Launched in January 2020, ATLAS is a new initiative managed by MFR in partnership with leading organizations in the financial inclusion sector. This initiative aims at centralizing data on pricing, client protection, financial and social performance in more than 70 countries, making quality data and benchmark available to decision makers and promoting transparency and responsible practices in the sector.
The Platform Coordinator will have a crucial role in the building phase of ATLAS, by contributing to the growth of a high quality database, the team management, and the development of external partnerships. Reporting to the Business Development Director (i.e. based in Paris), he will progressively increase his exposure to external partners and have the opportunity, depending on his performance and commitment, to become Project Leader and fully responsible of the initiative. The position will be based in Milan and imply working with a dynamic and international team in Milan, Quito, La Paz, Nairobi, Bishkek and Manila.
Data management (40%):
- Track the data entry, verify the data transparency and reliability ID and monitor its progress;
- Coordinate with other colleagues to set up the data entry of publicly available sources;
- Maintain the coding system and update the codes with the growth of the database (Financial Service Provider ID, Entity ID, Data report ID, etc.);
- Perform quality control (internal and external) and correct data errors;
- Update private and public portfolio data, upload files and manage its archive;
- Support the upgrade and maintenance of the excel import tools and work on its automatization.
Team management (40%)
- Support the recruitment process, ensuring a permanent team of two interns to support the project;
- Provide initial training to the interns and manage the team;
- Assign tasks to the team of interns to ensure an efficient employment of their time, providing instructions, explanations and fine-tune tools;
- Supervise the work of the team, provide feedback and control the output quality.
- Coordinate ongoing activities and special projects with the Business Development Director and identify solutions to improve the workflow;
- Develop actions plan defining tasks, responsibilities, deadline and status to organize the work;
- Provide support to MFR team, producing specific graphs and statistics, according to the needs;
- Ensure a regular communication with ATLAS website developer regarding the database.
- Excellent command of Excel;
- Ability to read financial statements and knowledge of finance and/or accounting ;
- Excellent planning and organizational capacity;
- Proactivity and capacity to work autonomously;
- Strong work ethics, commitment and results-orientated;
- Interest for financial inclusion and ATLAS’ mission ;
- Team player with ability to coach and support colleagues;
- Good oral and written English, second language (Spanish or French) is a plus.
Deadline – June 10th 2020
To apply this position, please complete the form