MFR Credit Ratings (MFR CR), a subsidiary fully owned by MFR, is currently involved in the application process for being registered as a ESMA credit rating agency.
MFR CR’s mission is to provide the inclusive and sustainable finance industry worldwide with independent credit ratings, to enhance transparency, facilitate high impact investments and benchmarking, and promote responsible practices.
MFR CR is looking for a Lead Analyst with previous exposure to the credit rating sector. The Lead Analyst will be joining a dynamic and international team in the Milan Head Office, in Italy. He/she will be working on credit ratings of financial institutions mainly based in Europe, Asia and Africa.
The Lead Analyst will be involved in the entire process of credit rating production and monitoring, from initial desk review to field visit and report drafting. Initial training will be ensured internally and through missions performed with another senior analyst.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To coordinate and conduct all activities related to the production and monitoring of credit ratings of financial institutions operating in EU and emerging markets
- To perform technical and financial analysis of the performance and risk profile of the rated financial institutions
- To be member of the Rating Committee for the approval and assignment of final grade and outlook
- To lead and supervise an analytical team and to conduct on-site/off-site interviews with client’s staff and representatives
- To handle the technical relationship with MFR CR’s clients
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience (within an ESMA registered credit rating agency is a plus)
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related (any additional studies are a plus)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Excellent knowledge of English (any additional language is a plus)
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and Office
- Interest in the sustainable, inclusive, impact finance sector
- Good team working, multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to follow procedures and meet deadlines
- Availability to travel also outside Europe (EU nationalities preferred for work permit reasons and VISA requirements)
Please apply attaching your resume and cover letter by June 14th, 2023.
To apply this position, please complete the form