MFR (previously known as MicroFinanza Rating) is a private and independent international rating agency specialized in microfinance. Our mission is to provide independent opinions, based on verified information, to enable and foster responsible investments.
MFR is looking for a Junior Analyst with previous exposure to microfinance or related fields. The analyst will be joining a dynamic and international team of microfinance specialists in the Milan Head Office, in Italy. He/she will be working on microfinance rating and certification assignments mainly in Europe, Middle East and North African countries and Africa.
The Junior Analyst/Analyst will be involved in the entire process off and onsite, from preliminary desk analysis to field visit and report drafting. Training will be ensured internally and through missions performed with senior analysts.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To be involved in 10-12 assignments (Ratings, Assessments, Certifications) annually
- To acquire familiarity with rating and assessment processes, tools, methodologies
- To actively participate in the rating and assessment process, including direct contact with clients on and offsite
- To be in charge of drafting reports, initially under the supervision of the team leader
- To support the team leader in the finalization of the report
- To handle the relationship with MFR’s clients
- To perform market research and mapping of the countries covered
- To assist the Regional manager in negotiations with larger clients, network of clients and DFIs
- Excellent knowledge of English (Full professional proficiency)
- Proficiency in French would be an important advantage
- Professional degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related subjects
- At least 1 or 2 years of relevant work experience (e.g. microfinance, rating, audit, finance, banking, financial analysis)
- Strong analytical skills; strong command of Microsoft Excel and Office
- Strong interest in the inclusive finance sector
- Good team working skills
- Good time-management and multitasking skills
- Willingness and capacity to work independently and proactively
- Availability to travel frequently. EU nationalities preferred for work permit reasons and VISA requirements
Please apply attaching your resume and cover letter by September 30, 2022.
To apply this position, please complete the form