MFR (previously known as MicroFinanza Rating) is a private and independent international rating agency specialized in microfinance. Our mission is to provide the microfinance and responsible finance industry with independent, high quality ratings and information services, aiming at enhancing transparency, facilitating investments and promoting best practices worldwide.
MFR is looking for a Junior Analyst/Analyst with previous experience in responsible finance or related fields. The analyst will be joining a dynamic and international team of financial inclusion experts and will be based in MFR’s regional office in Nairobi, Kenya, reporting to the Regional Manager – Anglophone Africa.
The Junior Analyst/Analyst will conduct financial/social ratings, certifications, and other assessments, mainly in Africa, and will be involved in the entire assessment process (i.e. data collection and desk review, onsite visit, analysis, and reporting).
Tasks and responsibilities:
• To be involved in 10-12 assignments (Ratings, Assessments, Certifications) annually
• To acquire familiarity with rating and assessment processes, tools, methodologies
• To actively participate in the rating and assessment process, including direct contact with clients on and offsite
• Prepare financial/social rating and certification reports
• Participate in the development of methodologies and markets
• Excellent knowledge of English (Full professional proficiency); French is a strong plus
• Degree, preferably advanced, in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related subjects
• At least 1 or 2 years of relevant work experience (for Junior Analyst) – more than two years (for Senior Analyst) (e.g. microfinance, rating, audit, finance, banking, financial analysis)
• Strong analytical skills and command of Microsoft Excel/Office
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interest in the responsible inclusive finance sector
• Good team working and time management skills
• Willingness and capacity to work independently and proactively
• Kenyan nationality is a plus
• Availability to travel frequently (up to 30% of the time)
Apply by filling in the form below, or by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Junior Analyst/Analyst – Nairobi, Kenya. Please attach your resume and cover letter including salary expectations.
Deadline – March 31st 2020