ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
MFR is a global rating agency specialized in inclusive and sustainable finance. MFR provides independent ratings, certifications and high-quality information aiming at enhancing transparency, facilitating investments and promoting responsible practices of the sector worldwide. MFR’s clients are mainly financial service providers (banks, credit unions, NGOs and other non-bank financial institutions, especially operating in microfinance, SME and digital finance), investors and regulators, working to achieve financial inclusion and sustainable development.
MFR is looking to hire a Head of Quantitative Analysis, who will provide support to MFR’s worldwide operations, working in an international and dynamic environment with specialists in credit rating, institutional rating, social performance rating and certification services, amongst others. The position will preferably be based in Milan (Italy), Paris (France), Quito (Ecuador), La Paz (Bolivia), although another location can be agreed.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the technical aspects of MFR’s different methodologies.
- In charge of the maintenance and continuous improvement of MFR’s scoring models, including stress-testing, back-testing, transition matrices and probability of default analysis.
- Analyze data relating to financial institutions and financial markets.
- Develop financial and mathematical models.
- Automatize tools, models and reports.
- Participate in the development of new services and methodologies.
- Work in coordination with product owners and regional managers to identify technical needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in statistics, applied statistics, data science, econometrics, economics, finance, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in the financial sector, preferably in a credit rating agency.
- Experience with applied statistics, financial modelling, regression analysis and statistical packages, and their application to credit rating methodologies.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication in English (Spanish is a plus).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure.
Please apply attaching your resume and cover letter.
To apply this position, please complete the form