MFR (previously known as MicroFinanza Rating) is a private and independent international rating agency specialized in inclusive finance. Our mission is to provide the inclusive and responsible finance industry with independent, high quality ratings and information services, aiming at enhancing transparency, facilitating investments and promoting best practices worldwide. Headquartered in Italy, MFR operates through a network of regional and country offices (Ecuador, Mexico, Bolivia, Peru, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, the Philippines) across 4 continents, boasting the largest global geographical coverage among specialized rating agencies.
MFR is looking for an Analyst/Senior Analyst Consultant with previous experience in inclusive finance or related fields. The Analyst/Senior Analyst Consultant will join a dynamic and international team of financial inclusion experts and report to the Regional Manager for South and South-East Asia, based in Manila – Philippines. The Analyst/Senior Analyst Consultant will conduct financial and social ratings and Smart Campaign Client Protection Certifications assignments mostly in South-East Asia and South Asia and will be involved in all the steps of the process (i.e. data collection and desk review, onsite visit, analysis and reporting). Training will be ensured internally and through missions performed with other Senior Analysts.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Conduct 10-12 assignments per year (Ratings, Assessments, Certifications).
• Support the Regional Manager in implementing the regional strategy and managing and expanding the client portfolio.
• Represent MFR publicly at conferences and events and participate in marketing activities as needed.
• Masters-level degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related fields.
• At least 5-year of relevant professional experience in the field of inclusive finance or impact investing, preferably in South-East Asia and South Asia.
• Understanding and experience in ESG or digital finance preferred.
• Strong analysis skills, knowledge of accounting.
• Spoken and written fluency in English is required, knowledge of other languages from the region is a plus.
• Strong command of Microsoft Excel and Office. Knowledge of statistical software packages (Python, R, etc.) is a plus.
• Excellent at multi-tasking with a positive, can-do attitude and capacity to work independently and remote.
• Ability to work with a global team.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Willingness to travel up to 50%, mostly within the region.
• Preferred location: Manila. Other locations might be considered (e.g. Myanmar).
• 1-year contract, renewable annually.
Please send your application by February 28th 2020, including your resume and cover letter (please include 2 references).