MFR (previously known as MicroFinanza Rating) is a private and independent international rating agency specialized in inclusive finance. Our mission is to provide the inclusive and responsible finance industry with independent, high quality ratings and information services, aiming at enhancing transparency, facilitating investments and promoting best practices worldwide. Headquartered in Italy, MFR operates through a network of regional and country offices (Ecuador, Mexico, Bolivia, Peru, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, the Philippines) across 4 continents, boasting the largest global geographical coverage among specialized rating agencies.
MFR is looking for an Analyst/Senior Analyst for South and South-East Asia with previous experience in inclusive finance or related fields. The Analyst/Senior Analyst will join a dynamic and international team of financial inclusion experts and report to the Regional Manager for South and South-East Asia, based in Manila – Philippines. The Analyst/Senior Analyst will conduct financial and social ratings and Smart Campaign Client Protection Certifications assignments mostly in South-East Asia and South Asia. Training will be ensured internally and through missions performed with other Senior Analysts.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Conduct and lead financial and social ratings and Smart Campaign certification missions (10 assignments per year) including: coordination with clients, data collection and desk review, onsite visit, analysis and reporting.
• Support the Regional Manager in implementing the regional strategy and managing and expanding the client portfolio.
• Represent MFR publicly at conferences and events and participate in marketing activities as needed.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Regional Manager.
• Masters-level degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related fields.
• At least 5-year of relevant professional experience in the field of inclusive finance or impact investing, preferably in South-East Asia and South Asia.
• Strong analysis skills.
• Understanding of financial statements and accounting.
• Understanding and experience in ESG or digital finance preferred.
• Spoken and written fluency in English is required, knowledge of other languages from the region is a plus.
• Strong command of Microsoft Excel and Office. Knowledge of statistical software packages (Python, R, etc.) is a plus.
• Excellent at multi-tasking with a positive, can-do attitude and capacity to work independently and remote.
• Ability to work with a global team.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Preferred location: Manila or Yangon. Other locations in South-East Asia might be considered. The position is open to both national and international candidates. International candidates will need to have a valid resident VISA.
• Willingness to travel extensively, mostly in the region (30% of the time).
• 1-year consultancy contract, renewable annually.
Please send your application by April 30th 2020, including your resume and cover letter (please include 2 references).