MFR is a private and independent international rating agency specialized in sustainable and inclusive finance. Our mission is to provide the industry with independent, high quality ratings and information services, aiming at enhancing transparency, facilitating investments, and promoting best practices worldwide.
MFR is expanding its activities to new sectors and is currently looking for an Analyst with experience in small and medium scale Energy Access projects. The Analyst will be joining a dynamic and international team of inclusive finance specialists and can be based either in Nairobi (Kenya) or in Milan (Italy).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess financial and technology performance and risk profile of SMEs in the renewable energy sector or employing renewable energy technologies in emerging markets, especially in Africa;
- Contribute to adapting assessment methodologies to the evolving sector of access to small scale renewable energy;
- Support the team leader in all Energy Access projects at MFR.
- Professional degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related subjects;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in financial analysis of small and medium companies producing renewable energy or using renewable energy technologies (including PAYGo off-grid solar companies, mini-grid projects; agro-industry producers using renewable energy technologies etc.);
- Exposure to different working environments in emerging markets; especially in Africa;
- Excellent knowledge of English required; working knowledge of French is a plus;
- Strong analytical skills; strong command of Microsoft Excel and Office
- Strong interest in the inclusive finance and access to energy sector;
- Good team working skills, proactivity and multitasking skills;
- Availability to travel frequently.
Please apply by March, 1st 2021.
To apply this position, please complete the form