Following our commitment to increase impact in the inclusive and sustainable finance sector, and to continuously improve our services, we are now launching a new Impact Assessment product.
This service will provide an external, reliable and independent validation of the changes generated by the Financial Institution’s activities, in its clients life.
Our proprietary methodology includes among other aspects:
- The 5 impact dimensions of the Impact Management Project (IMP),
- Key impact indicators based on the Universal Outcome Indicators defined by the Social Performance Task Force (@SPTF) and aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (@UN SDGs),
- The measurement of impact indicators is based on the data available in the FSP’s database and an ad-hoc survey to clients, ensuring the use of complete and reliable information through a longitudinal analysis methodology (observation of the same clients at several points in time) and interview techniques to improve the ability to collect information,
- An exclusive benchmark through ATLAS, the social and financial data platform managed by MFR
- A new internal Impact Assessment tool to produce a comprehensive reporting with detailed graphs, table as well as statistical analysis (regressions, impact at micro level, correlations, confidence levels among other), and an executive summary in PowerPoint,
- The result of the Impact Assessment includes an Impact Score based on a scale from 1 (least impact) to 5 (greatest impact), representing the probability of generating a positive impact in the clients’ lives, allowing for a comparison between the different FSPs. Furthermore, the impact results in terms of outreach and change are compared with an internal benchmark.
Learn more about this new product and our methodology here.